Unfortunately, he really does not like to get wet. So just as practice is about to start a downpour begins, and I think oh now, there went his courage. So he goes out to the tree and comes back. Then I tell him if it starts raining again, he can come back, I will be right there watching him. So he goes past the tree and stops, then comes back. Huh, what now? Ok, buddy let us go out hand in hand and say hi to the coach, and get this thing started. And away we go. He says he is shy, but eventually. He starts to play, waving occasionally. Then he forgets I am there, and the next time I see him, he has his jersey ready for the game tomorrow.
I was reminded of our Heavenly Father as I stood there and how patient and loving He is when life is scary and new things are coming. What a wonderful God we serve!!!
So as both Kristy and I begin new adventures in ministry we can trust the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us.
How humbling it is as a dad to know that I get to show my kids HIM!! And praise The Lord that I could be there today after 6 years of not.
God bless!!
Finallllllly, someone with Knight genes that dribbles a ball with their hands instead of their feet. I just felt that if I lived long enough this would happen!
ReplyDeleteGrandaddy Knight