Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

We've Arrived!

I'm so sorry we weren't able to connect before now, but we're here, safe and sound.... with ALL of our bags!

The kids did FANTASTIC-- they slept about 4-5 hours and watched several movies the first flight, slept most of the 3 hour layover in Ethiopia, and slept almost all of the 3 hour flight to Entebbe.  They were awake for the entire hour trip to Kampala, looking at all of the scenery.

Last night we went to the staff dinner and got to meet a lot of the staff and new teachers (returning teachers don't have to report until Thursday). Then we got a ride home and went straight to bed around 8pm.  We got up about 12 hours later to walk to the school where I (Kristy) started orientation and Joel and the kids went shopping.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures, as they're on the phone and Joel took it to get it a SIM card today.  Hopefully soon I'll be posting those from the trip.

Our house is very large, with a wall surrounding it and a gate.  It is three bedrooms and 2 baths with either linoleum or wood floors through out.

I'm off to figure some of my curriculum out and will post again soon!

~Kristy

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!!!!! So glad you made it safe! Hope you make so awesome teacher friends right off the bat!!! Love you all! The Hudson family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news! Keep us posted! Ann Sutton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I am so excited for you guys and happy it all went smoothly. Enjoy your time exploring your new home -- we look forward to seeing pictures! Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for your safe travels! Hope you get all the rest you need. What a long trip! May the Lord continue to guard over you in your new home and give you favor with your new relationships!

    ReplyDelete