
We found a few treats.... Going to the store is always a bit of adventure, partly because I'm still not exactly sure what each store carries, and there's no guarantee what will be in stock.







This little gem is artichoke pesto... And fantastic... About $4- it's a bit of a splurge but its delicious... And even Caleb likes it.

Coffee. Pure Arabica. Of course. It's only $3, but it is a little bag.

We still go through a lot of peanut butter. On bread, on chipatis, etc etc.

This "ketchup" is not quite as gross as you might think.... Considering its actually more like tomato flavored jello.

Mango jam. For a little over $2. Need I say more?

Our sweets box with not one, but two types of "biscuits" (or cookies if you're not speaking in British like the Ugandans tend to do. They're just OK, but less than $1 and the kids like them.

And..... Drumroll.... One of my favorite things about Uganda.... The juice. These two are passion fruit and a pineapple/ coconut mix that's incredible. We also love the mango and straight pineapple.
We also picked up a few samosas from outside the store and managed to get out of there without any DVDs this time.
No meat again. Do you buy meat?
ReplyDeleteYMWM
Hey there, Vanderford clan... so happy to have Trish show me how to click the right stuff down below this field so that I can now send you messages from this blog instead of only through fb. I love you and am thankful that you send messages and pics to share!
ReplyDeleteWe have the same jam and PB!!! So fun to feel connected like that! I think food here is sooo expensive, do you in general? I am working hard to keep us fed! Do you have a large grocery store or just little markets? I love the juices here too, Pineapple and Passion fruit are my favorite. Do you have Pick-n-peel brand? That's our favorite. Erin
ReplyDeleteErin, "American" type food is expensive- local produce is super cheap. For juice, we have Ceres, DelMonte, and Splash- mostly.
ReplyDeleteMom- mostly just some fish.
Nancy- Thanks!