Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm walking in the rain

Before we left people would ask, "how do your kids feel about moving to Uganda?"
I would generally answer that, "It's, for them, like when a child gets a new baby sibling.  Beforehand they can talk about the baby and talk about what they'll do with the baby, but they don't really know what you've gotten them into until that baby is born and is screaming at night or throws up on their head.   In the same way, my kids won't know what we're getting them into until the first day we walk to school in the rain."
Well friends, today was that day.  Caleb, after I asked him to get ready for school, stated, "We're not going to school in that".  Sorry bud.  We don't get days off for rain.  Torrential downpours started about an hour before we left and lasted for a hour after we were at school.  For a place that usually has 20 minute or less showers, this was a big rain.  And we. Were. Soaked. Like change your clothes kind of soaked.  Even with rain coats and umbrellas and boots.  Joel walked the kids to school after I left so I asked Ki-ki what her thought were of tr morning walk.  She said, "It was yuck.  I didn't like the huge rivers of water in the road."  Amen to that baby girl.  Amen to that. 

1 comment: