Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ode to Esther

Out house-helper is so amazing. 
 Seriously y'all.  
Awesome.  
Not only does she do things like 
make the beds (my kids beds had been made about 2 times in their entire lives before we moved here) 
she does the dishes, 
cooks, 
does some shopping, 
loves the kids and lets Kianna "help" in the kitchen, 
cleans the floors 
and the bathrooms, 
does the laundry (which includes line drying and ironing everything) 
makes the kids' breakfasts and snacks the night before (we eat breakfast after we get there because I can't seem to get it together enough to get breakfast done here) 
she takes care of seeing to the plumber etc, 
and, just today, fended off a (most likely asking for money) guy who came to our gate and said he knew us and needed to speak to us about a "private matter", but she didn't believe him (by the description, it's not someone we know) and told him he may leave a message, but she would not let him in, nor would she tell him when we were returning.
Like I said.  Awesome.  
Life here is going pretty well (especially compared to some of our friends) but it still is hard.  Not having to worry constantly about all of these details is a blessing.  Don't worry, there's lots of Other details I didn't mention that Joel and I ARE constantly working on.  
But for tonight, I'm enjoying my clean floors and clean sheets.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. So glad you got a good one. We are interviewing house helpers right now and hoping to get a permanent one soon. It is pretty great.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Esther that I said "Thanks for taking such good care of you all." It is comforting to know that you are getting help with so many things and that the kids beds are made :)
    Love
    YMWM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you had indoor plumbing, "Out-house helper" would indicate otherwise!
    DYD

    ReplyDelete