Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Disability does not equal inability
In pediatrics, especially pediatrics ICU, we see a lot of disability. Yet it is always wonderful when our patients come back to see us.
I had the privilege to visit CORSU, a pediatric orthopedic and plastics hospital here in Uganda 2 weeks ago for their first sports day!! And it was wonderful, as you can see in the attached video, seeing kids do so many things despite of/ in spite of, just happy to be moving. No legs, no problem, big kids who can only crawl, no problem, just to be able to participate and try!!
And of course I loved the theme of the day "Disability does not equal inability".
I think (for me at least) this is very true in my Christian walk also. I tend to think that because I am not perfect, there is no point. Yet Paul over and over talks about working out our salvation, his own thorn in the flesh, being chief among sinners, etc.
Be encouraged today by this, and let this spur us on to trying and relying on HIM.
God Bless, the Vanderfords
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment