Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Lights are out but there's work to do

“Headlamp. Yes. Definitely the headlamp. Then I won’t have to hold the flashlight in my teeth”. So, there I was, sitting up in bed Thursday, headlamp on, laptop in my lap, and my binder (full of old AP Biology exams I was using to construct my test on cellular respiration) was balanced on my feet. I would look over the laptop and retype questions as I would find ones that were applicable to the next day’s test. Its so fun and romantic when the lights go out. Or something like that.

In other news, the new vehicle has been wonderful. I drove to school 3 days and haven’t hit anything yet. Or gotten stuck. Considering our hill full of mud that becomes a waterfall when it rains and the propensity for pedestrians to walk in the middle of the road, and vehicles to cut you off at any moment, not to mention the driving on the left side of the road…….my streak might not last much longer.

The only real news of driving is that I keep turning on the windshield wipers with my left hand every time I try to turn on the turn signal (which is on the right side of the steering wheel here). Its amazing how much of driving is automatic and things you do without thinking… until all of the rules change and you actually have to think about things—like which side of the road to drive on and where the turn signal is.

Next week our newest bundle of joy should have a big sister—-- as my 4 door RAV4 should be ready to be picked-up by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment