Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Car Repairs and a trip to Florida

Wow.  What a month.
December flew by with a few major events.
First, our car is not broken.  Correction.  Neither car is broken.  We now have two working cars.  This is such an answer to prayer.  It looked pretty sticky for a while there, especially the day both cars were in the shop, but we now have a new (used) engine in one car that actually cost less than the amount we were originally looking at just to fix it.
The other car (in which we were told by a mechanic that is not our normal guy the "engine has such a major problem don't even bother fixing it") problem was actually....... drum roll please........ a loose bolt.
I am not one to say "Hallelujah", but, seriously, Hallelujah.

And then we drove that same "you might as well just get it towed to the dump" car to Florida.

Without any problems as all.  This is seriously our first long trip without any major problems.
(I'm remembering the time Joel lost his wedding ring on the side of the road...the time we drove off to the side of the road and got stuck...the time we got a flat tire...the time we got in a minor fender bender on our way out of town...the time we got a ticket...the time we were very close to taking an infant Kianna to the Emergency Room because she was so sick.....).
Anyway, we got to Florida, with stops along the way to visit friends and family, and headed straight for Disney World.  In lieu of presents this year, Kristy's parents and brother gave us all a trip to the Magic Kingdom for a day.... and what a day it was.

We packed in about everything we could see or do there in one day... one loooong day.  

The rest of the trip was with family- both Joel's and Kristy's, which is fantastic that we both have family in the Tampa area.  I'd love to show you pictures but my camera died right after Disney.  I managed to remember the camera but not the cord to charge it.  My amazing mother-in-law is sending a CD of the pictures I took after stealing her camera for the rest of our trip.  Because I do that to her.  All the time.  

On the Uganda front, Joel's 2 week trip in the middle of February is quickly approaching (I'll make sure he has the camera AND the charger with him ) and we've started the process of our prayer cards.  Hopefully we'll have them mailing out soon!  
Let us know if you want one (or lots to hand out).